9-12 Cyber Program Details
Whether learning in person or virtually at Exeter Township School District, student success is paramount. Knowing that students face challenges in a cyber setting, we partnered with Pearson, a leading online education provider, to develop a program that blends the most effective virtual methods of instruction, resources and support. We know that learning is much more than just resources: It requires highly-certified teachers and support systems for students to be successful.
Our program is developed with Exeter students in mind. Students who wish to learn virtually will be:
- Enrolled in Exeter Township Cyber Academy, an online platform.
- Assigned a free computer and provided any needed internet service and technical support.
- Able to access asynchronous lessons and complete assignments and activities daily through the cyber platform.
- Able to interact with a teacher several times per week.
- Exeter Township School District Credit Requirements: Each student must complete 24 credits in Grades 9 through 12 in order to attain a high school diploma. The curricular outlines on the accompanying pages will assist students in preparing for their further education or employment after graduation from high school. Individualization of these curricular options is possible with the approval of the senior high school principal. However, since the primary goal of each program is to prepare students for life, approved program alterations must result in improved educational opportunities. Students are expected to carry a full academic schedule of at least seven credits and may have no more than one study hall period on any day.The minimum number of credits required in each subject area for graduation is as follows:
- English 4
- Social Studies 3
- Mathematics 3
- Science 3
- Additional Social Studies, Math, or Science 1
- Fitness and Wellness 1
- Arts and Humanities 2
- Electives 7
TOTAL MINIMUM CREDITS FOR GRADUATION 24
- Community Service Graduation Requirement: Graduating students will have a 30-hour community service requirement (with non-profit organizations). The district suggests that students complete ten hours of community service per year between grades 9 and 12. Starting early is recommended and this must be completed by the end of May of the student's senior year. Community service verification forms are available in the Guidance Office and the Main Office.
- Pennsylvania State Graduation Requirements: In addition to the credit and community service requirements established by the Exeter Township School District, students will also be required to meet the graduation requirements established by the state of Pennsylvania.
Additional information can be found in the Senior High School Program of Study Soaring Eagle handbook.
*Not all courses are offered every semester