K-4 Cyber Program Details
Whether learning in person or virtually at Exeter Township School District, student success is paramount. Knowing that students face challenges in a cyber setting, we partnered with Pearson, a leading online education provider, to develop a program that blends the most effective virtual methods of instruction, resources and support. We know that learning is much more than just resources: It requires highly-certified teachers and support systems for students to be successful.
Our program is developed with Exeter students in mind. Students who wish to learn virtually will be:
- Enrolled in Exeter Township Cyber Academy, an online platform.
- Assigned a free computer and provided any needed internet service and technical support.
- Able to access asynchronous lessons and complete assignments and activities daily through the cyber platform.
- Able to interact with a teacher several times per week.
- "Monday Meeting" students can join their peers for fun activities, each with a different theme.
- Wednesday "DISH" (Drop In and Say Hi), where students can get extra help or have their questions answered by a member of our elementary team.
- "Teacher Time" is available twice a week for students to speak with their teachers and ask any questions they may have.
- "You Can Book Me" is a scheduling tool offered to students to set up one-on-one meetings with any of their teachers.
- Live Lessons for K-5 elementary (Live lesson schedule)
- Unlike other cyber programs, all students in K-5 will be assigned one teacher for all of their core classes.
Course Enrollment for Students in K-4
- Language Arts*
- Social Studies (PA State History for grade 4)
- Physical Education
* Offered as a gifted and talented section starting in 3rd grade
- K-2 Exploring Music
- 3-4 Discovering Music