K-4 Cyber Program Details
Whether learning in person or virtually at Exeter Township School District, student success is paramount. Knowing that students face challenges in a cyber setting, we partnered with Pearson, a leading online education provider, to develop a program that blends the most effective virtual methods of instruction, resources and support. We know that learning is much more than just resources: It requires highly-certified teachers and support systems for students to be successful.
Our program is developed with Exeter students in mind. Students who wish to learn virtually will be:
- Enrolled in Exeter Township Cyber Academy, an online platform.
- Assigned a free computer and provided any needed internet service and technical support.
- Able to access asynchronous lessons and complete assignments and activities daily through the cyber platform.
- Able to interact with a teacher several times per week.
New for SY2122, we will offer targeted, small group intervention sessions by invitation for students who are struggling to master broader concepts. We saw much greater demand for small group support versus attendance at LiveLessons in SY2021, so we have adjusted the frequency of LiveLessons and added this instructional opportunity.
Expanded for SY2122, teachers will host three "Teacher Time" sessions (formerly known as office hours) each week. Students may drop in individually or work in small groups with their teacher. This schedule will be shared at the start of school.
New live classroom sessions for Elementary in SY2122:
- K-5 "Circle Time/Homeroom" every Monday and Friday. Homeroom Huddles on Monday, and DISH (Drop In and Say Hi) on Friday.
- K-2 literacy sessions are offered every day of the week.
- Eligible to receive live virtual tutoring with Pennsylvania-certified Pearson teachers as needed daily from 9AM-6PM (9AM-11PM for math).
- Unlike other cyber programs, all students in K-5 will be assigned one teacher for all of their core classes.
Course Enrollment for Students in K-4
- Language Arts*
- Social Studies (PA State History for grade 4)
- Physical Education
* Offered as a gifted and talented section starting in 3rd grade
- K-2 Exploring Music
- 3-4 Discovering Music