I hope all students and families are well after the heavy rain and flooding last night. If this was snow we would have had over 5 feet!
1. Calendar and Emergency days: I didn't think we would need to talk about this so soon but hurricane Ida proved me wrong. I hope all families are well and did not have too much damage or loss of power. I want to clarify the plan for Exeter Cyber Students and Emergency Days. I originally said that we would not follow full emergency days. After talking to some families and students I am going to revise this a bit.
- We will follow the same FULL emergency days as all students in Exeter. If there is a FULL day off we will follow that schedule. For delays and early releases due to weather, we will not adjust the schedules and students should complete the assigned work. I will enter the dates as they happen and it will remove the work for the days off.
- For early releases 1/2 days we will follow the schedule that is entered into Pearson. For most early release days there are two half days in a row. As everyone has a different schedule what I did was enter a full day of work for the first day and fully off for the second day.
Here is a paper copy of the year-long calendar and dates off.
District Calendar: https://www.exeter.k12.pa.us/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=5917&dataid=47377&FileName=2021-2022%20School%20Calendar%20Revised%204_20_21.pdf
2. Attendance Tracking: Starting next week families may start getting calls when attendance is not entered on time. I am working with each building to get this correct as some students are still listed as in person. Below are the normal attendance times unless we spoke one on one about your particular schedule.
Attendance Times Entry (Full-time students)
- SHS and JHS: No later than 9:00 AM
- Reiffton: No later than to 9:30AM
- Elementary: Prior to 10:00 AM
2. Live Lessons should all be working now. There were some issues with the links that the teachers posted that were asking for everyone to log in. If you are still unable to get in or can't find the live link lesson email the teacher directly and ask for the correct link. If that still does not work email me the name of the class and/or a time we can catch up and I will make sure you get in.
3. Recorded Lesson- Similar to the live lesson issue students could not access the posted recorded lesson and some google drive documents. I worked with the teacher to update the documents and it should be resolved.
4. Labor Day Holiday: We made it four full days and have an extra-long weekend. We are off Friday, September 3, and Monday, September 6. School will resume on Tuesday, September 7th.
That is a lot of information,
Keep up the great work and enjoy the long weekend,