1. Grade weights. Each class has different grade weights based on the type of assignment. These weights should be posted at the top of each course page. For example the Quick checks may be worth 15% or only 2% over the overall grade. Please take your time when taking the tests, quizzes and portfolio projects as these account for most of the grade. I suggest going to your gradebook on a regular basis to review your grades, view all the due dates for all grades assignments, and to make sure you are not missing any grades assignment. This is also a great way to make sure you are on pace and don't have anything past due.
2. Teachers are readily available to meet with students for one on one video conferences. Each teacher will have a "You can book me" link at the top of each class. Students should use this to book one on one meetings with your teacher for any help or questions you may have. Most teachers have time every day. After selecting a time you will join the teacher using the live lesson link posted to the top of the class or the links under the Main Menu and "Live Lessons". If you need help with this please let me know. If you did not pass a test, quiz or portfolio you need to schedule a one on one meeting with your teacher to review why and how to improve your grade.
3. We added an additional person on staff at Exeter to help support the Cyber students. Welcome Mrs. Ericke to Exeter Cyber Academy.
Mrs. Ericke has been with Exeter for the past six year working at the Reiffton. Before that she taught computer classes at RACC and BTI. She has been an Exeter resident for 21 years, and a wife and mother of two boys (who both graduated from Exeter and Penn State ~GO LIONS! WE ARE!~) and one yellow lab named Nutmeg. She looks forward to speaking with you about your student's attendance and/or progress as they navigate their way through ECA. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-779-0700 Ex1062.
4. All attendance questions, request and excuses can be emailed directly to email@example.com
5. We had a couple issues with live lessons this week. Some students joined the wrong session which caused the rooms to be over capacity and blocked some students from getting in. The teachers are working to get this resolved along with increasing the room capacity so this does not happen again. Please let me know if you are continuing to have issues with any live lesson.
6. Senior High School Seniors: Mr. Jones posting the following information to the Seniors Schoology Group.
In anticipation of Senior meetings starting soon. Here is the Post Secondary Planning Resource Guide for you to look at, use, and ask questions about. You will be receiving a pass from your counselor soon to meet with them individually and discuss your plans. Have a great day!! Post Secondary Planning Resource Guide
Have a great Weekend,