ECA Students, Parent and Guardians,
Some families have reported that they did not receive these weekly update emails. It does appear they are being sent out and received but may be going to your junk folder. I will post all of these message each week on the this page https://www.exeter.k12.pa.us/cyberstudent . I plan on sending a weekly update Friday afternoons so if you don't get an email check the cyber portal page for the message.
1. IMPORTANT: Check in appointments. I have met with a lot of families over the last couple of weeks. If I have not met with your family one on one yet please let me know if you would like to meet over a video conference. If you would like to meet, use this link to schedule an appointment https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4ba5a722a4ff2-cyber However, if these times do not work just email me or call me directly at 610-823-7268 to schedule a time. If at any time you need help or have any questions I am available at email@example.com or direct at 610-823-7268.
2. Viewing grades and teacher comments: Teachers will post comments about assignment to the gradebook area. You can view these comments by going to the gradebook and you will see a speech bubble icon next to the grade. Please make sure to review these as they will ask you to reach out to your teacher if they feel you need help.
2. Grade weights. Each class has different grade weights based on the type of assignment. These weights should be posted at the top of each course page. For example the Quick checks may be worth 15% or only 2% over the overall grade. Please take your time when taking the tests, quizzes and portfolio projects as these account for most of the grade. I suggest going to your gradebook on a regular basis to review your grades, view all the due dates for all grades assignments, and to make sure you are not missing any grades assignment. This is also a great way to make sure you are on pace and don't have anything past due.
3. Teachers are readily available to meet with students for one on one video conferences. Each teacher will have a "You can book me" link at the top of each class. Students should use this to book one on one meetings with your teacher for any help or questions you may have. Most teachers have time every day. After selecting a time you will join the teacher using the live lesson link posted to the top of the class or the links under the Main Menu and "Live Lessons". If you need help with this please let me know. If you did not pass a test, quiz or portfolio you need to schedule a one on one meeting with your teacher to review why and how to improve your grade.
4. The supplies and art kits are finally starting to arrive.
5. There were a couple issues with Live Lessons this week due to room sizes. I met with Pearson to get this resolved. If you are having ongoing issues with this please let me know.
6. Please remember to enter attendance each day using the main menu and "Student Activity Tracker"
7. If virtual students would like to get their pictures taken below are the times per building:
- SHS: October 21st 8:00 AM -9:10 AM
- JHS: Oct 18 730AM-9:30AM
- Reiffton: September 23 12:35PM-1:20PM. (if you missed this and want pictures taken, please let me know)
- Jacksonwald: October 5th (call the front office to confirm a time (610) 779-1820)
- Owatin- October 13 (call the front office to confirm a time (610) 406-4580)
- Lorane- September 29th (call the front office to confirm a time (610) 582-8608)
Have a great weekend,