7th and 8th Grade Students, Parents and Guardians,
All students in 7th and 8th grade have been working diligently to complete the Middle School Career Exploration Class. However, I am finding that many students are taking longer than anticipated to complete the amount of work. I met with our JHS guidance department to come up with an alternative option to this class, as I want students to focus on their core classes.
Mrs. Shaw has arranged for students to go into the Naviance system and complete about 2 hours worth of activities to satisfy the requirements for Careers Readiness. Below are instructions to complete the assignments by Friday October 29. Once students complete the assignments they will be removed from the online Middle School Career Exploration class assigned in Pearsons.
I assume most students will do this alternative option but if anyone wants to continue with the online Career class let me know and I will not withdraw the class.
Directions to complete the Career Assignments:
- Go to the JHS Student Portal Page. https://www.exeter.k12.pa.us/jhsportal
- Click on Naviance. (upper right)
- Log in w/Clever (google) (you may be automatically logged in).
- Click on "planner" at the top of the screen.
- Click on "tasks." Scroll down and you will see the necessary tasks to complete
- If you need help navigating the system or can't figure out how to complete a task please let me know.
I am available at 610-823-7268 if you need help or have any questions.