To Apply for a Work Permit
A work permit is required for any person under the age of 18 to work in Pennsylvania. A work permit can be issued to minors who reside in the Exeter Township School District by the high school. To obtain a permit, please follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Work Permit Application. Fill it out completely, including parent/guardian signature.
- For "Place of Birth," please list the city, state and name of the hospital where the student was born.
- Email the completed application along with a copy of the student's birth certificate, passport or driver's license to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the completed documents to the high school to complete the application in person. The office is available for work permits from 7:30AM - 2:30PM. Please check the calendar for holiday/school closures. During the summer, please call ahead as office hours may vary.
The parent and student will be notified when the permit is ready for pick up.
Work Permit Information:
Work permits are provided as a wallet-sized blue piece of paper.
- The permit must stay with the student until they reach the age of 18. (See back of blue permit for full instructions.)
- Do not give the employer the original work permit; the employer can make a copy.
- Only one work permit will be issued per student.
For information about Child Labor Laws and rules for obtaining a work permit, please see the information in the links provided.
Please contact the Counseling Office at 610-779-3060 x2136 with any additional questions.