How to make a request
- Please click HERE to reserve space for any community functions where there is a need to reserve space in one of our district buildings or athletics fields. The link above will take you to our site where you will have to register for an account and create a password for your group. To complete a reservation request, you will have to choose a building, time, location within the building, and what is needed to make your event a success (i.e. custodial, tables, etc.)
- Before submitting your request, you will be asked to provide liability insurance as an attachment to the request and this must be submitted for us to consider your request. All requests are reviewed by district administration within five business days and you will receive an email confirming your request has been approved after you submit your reservation request.
- Determine any fees by referencing the table below. If your activity will incur fees, please make a check out to the Exeter Township School District for half (50%) of the total rental fee to hold your reservation. Your payment can be dropped off during business hours or mailed to:
Exeter Township Administration Building
Attn: Business Office
200 Elm Street
Reading, PA 19606
If you have any questions or concerns with this process; please reach out to 610-779-0700 x1033 for assistance.
Residents and community groups are welcome to reserve school buildings or fields when school is not in session or when the activity planned does not interfere with scheduled educational activities or programs. Individuals and community groups can make a request to rent school facilities for:
- Instruction in any branch of education, learning and the arts that are consistent with the district's mission.
- Social, civic and recreational meetings and entertainment, and other uses pertaining to the welfare of the community; but such use shall be non-exclusive and open to the public without charge.
- Polling places for holding primaries, elections and special elections, as permitted or required by state law.
- Recreation, physical training and athletics, including competitive athletic contests for children and adults.
Please know that District Policy #707 prohibits certain activities and items during rentals, such as games of chance, alcohol consumption, etc. To see a full list of these restrictions, please click on the link above to read the policy.
All rates are calculated per hour. Please see information below for class designations and further information regarding rentals and fees.
|Gymnasium A||Senior High||$0||$40||$80||$160|
|Gymnasium B||Senior High||$0||$35||$75||$150|
|Band/Choral Room||Senior High||$0||$20||$40||$80|
|Band/Choral Room||Junior High||$0||$20||$40||$80|
|Football Field or Track||Senior High||$0||$0||$100*||$140*|
|Football Field & Track||Senior High||$0||$0||$150||$150|
|Baseball or Hockey Field||Senior High||$0||$0||$25||$50|
|Tennis Court (each)||Senior High||$0||$0||$6||$13|
|Parking Lot||All schools||$0||$0||$10||$20|
*50% reduction in fees if not using stadium lights
**In addition to the classroom charge, an additional hourly rental fee will be assessed for specially-equipped classrooms as follows:
- Class A - Any charitable or non-profit, responsible community organization within the school district sponsoring an activity free of charge which is instructive and beneficial to the public.
- Class B - Any charitable or non-profit community organization of the school district sponsoring an activity which is instructional and/or beneficial to the public for which admission is charged or a donation received.
- Class C - Any charitable or non-profit community organization of the school district, with restricted memberships, for which the motive is the raising of funds for the partial benefit of the school.
- Class D - Any organization or group not included in Classes A, B, or C, shall be included in this category. Any request which do not meet the criteria as set forth in the above classes, shall be acted upon by the Board of School Directors on an individual request basis.
- Since state-accredited institutions of higher learning do not fit into any of the above classes, the rental rate shall be $5.00 per classroom/per hour. In addition, the nominal fees schedule indicated under Notes 1 and 2 shall apply for the purpose of staff development for the Exeter professional staff.
- The above rates do not include the use of any computer equipment except in the Computer Labs. Computers and word processing equipment in other rooms and subject areas will not be available for use on a rental basis. The use of any other equipment, such as television, AV equipment, etc., must be included in any request for facilities’ use, and the use shall be at the discretion of the administration. In all cases, before the special classrooms would be rented, a qualified instructor must be available for the purpose of either supervising/teaching the group.
- In addition to paying the above rates, organizations shall reimburse the school district for the wages, fixed charges and fringe benefits of custodians, cafeteria employees, police, stage crew, etc., that may be required (overtime rates apply on Saturdays and Sundays). Time will be calculated from the time the facility is requested to be open until the clean-up has been completed and the doors are locked.
- One rehearsal or practice will be allowed with a scheduled performance without any additional rental charge. A rental of one-half the established rate will be charged for additional rehearsals or practices.
- APT, Booster Club, and Boy and Girl Scout organizations shall be classified on the same basis as regular public school activities; hence, no charge for the use of the facilities except the overtime wages of a custodian or cafeteria employee, if required.
- Local groups desiring to use school facilities for recreational purposes will be charged at the rate of $15.00 per hour for activities in which sixty (60) percent of the participants using are Exeter Township School District residents.